Wednesday, May 05, 2010

College status: 25% complete

And so ends my first year at Ball State University. I learned a lot in just a year.
So I decided to make a nice (long) list of all the things I learned this year at BSU:

* I learned that college is nothing like high school. You either study or the classes will kick your ass.

* I learned that having friends in college is both a blessing and a curse. You always have tons of fun stuff to do, but your school work will suffer if you don't know when to say 'no' when you have an assignment due.

* I learned that you should always knock before opening a door so as to avoid walking in on your roommate and her boyfriend 'doing it'.

* I learned that skipping classes is a really dumb idea.

* I learned that facebook is life.

* I learned that not having a cellphone is harder than I thought it was.

* I learned that staying up until at least 12am is a requirement to being a college student.

* I learned that when you have some money left on your meal, GET A BILLION CANDY BARS AND NEVER EAT THEM. WATCH AS YOUR CANDY STASH GROWS.

* I learned that the "freshman 15" is a bunch of crap because it's actually possible to eat salad for every meal if you wanted to (but most people don't).

* I learned that Woodworth's food is really awful and stale.

And finally, I learned that college is probably the most awesome time of your life.
Can't wait for next semester! I'll be living with my two friends Marlee and Amanda so it'll be more fun and much easier for me. I'll be taking 3 different languages too, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish.

Rather than getting easier, it will be getting harder from here on. But I just have to keep up my grades and I'll be fine.

Well, now I can finally relax and marathon some visual novels I've been meaning to play (Muv Luv, ef, higurashi, kirakira curtain call, edelweiss eiden fantasia... the list goes on)

SEE YA NEXT SEMESTER PEEPS!

No comments: